Short-term Rehab Services
Wellmore offers the most aggressive, most competitive short-term rehab services in the area. The focus is on you – your outcomes, your goals and returning you home stronger than you were before.
Wellmore is located in close proximity to local hospitals and orthopedic surgeon offices.
We partner with Genesis Rehab Services, a nationally recognized leader in therapy outcomes. The Wellmore therapy team consistently achieves outcomes that are better than the national average.
If you are scheduling an elective surgery such as a hip or knee replacement, schedule a tour today to reserve your private suite and begin your pre-surgery planning.
Through our partnership with Genesis Rehab Services, we are able to provide premier physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapy for older adults in Tega Cay, Lexington and Charleston. Our on-site short-term rehab delivers remarkable outcomes and experiences.
We use the Modified Barthel Index (MBI) to measure our residents’ activities of daily living. The MBI is comprised of 10 measures with a maximum achievable score of 100. These measures include hygiene, bathing, feeding, dressing, on-off toilet, bladder control, bowel control, stair climbing, ambulation and chair/bed transfer.
The graph below illustrates the effectiveness of Wellmore of Tega Cay’s Rehab through admission and discharge MBI scores, National comparisons and length of stay.
Pricing for Rehab Services is highly variable based on your insurance plan and Medicare benefits. Please schedule a tour today to determine what services may or may not be covered with your plan.
Physical therapy restores function for individuals who have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction. Physical therapists are evidence-based health care professionals who offer cost-effective treatment that improves mobility and relieves pain, reduces the need for surgery and prescription drugs, and allows patients to participate in a recovery plan designed for their specific needs. Individualized therapeutic treatment may include:
- Improve Walking – Ability, quality & tolerance
- Improve balance
- Decrease fall risk
- Improve functional mobility & safety
- Pain relief
- Skin integrity/Edema
- Address strength
- Increase aerobic capacity
- Assess for assistive device/prosthetic needs
- Provide respiratory assessment & intervention
- Exercise programs to increase muscle function, coordination, and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization
- Wound Care
- Otago Exercise Programs
- Aquatic Therapy
Occupational therapy assists individuals with adapting to their social and physical environment. Therapists enhance patient functionality through:
- Education and training in areas such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Address visual deficits (Low Vision)
- Environmental modifications
- Task analysis and modifications
- Energy conservation/work simplification
- Train in use of adaptive equipment
- Address incontinence
- Activities for memory, orientation, and cognitive integration
- Cognitive impairments affectional functional ability
- Medication Management
- Exercises to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions to maintain normal joint movement
- Use of MBI – National Outcomes Measures
Speech-language pathologists address communication and swallowing dysfunction. Treatment plans are designed for individual needs, such as:
- Increase communication skills
- Improve reading, writing, listening, speaking and comprehension
- Address deficits in memory
- Improve ability to follow directions
- Improve quality of speech
- Address breath support
- Address swallowing deficits
- Dysphagia Toolkit
- Vital Stim
- Improve executive functions (managing medications, scheduling and time)
- Use of ASHA NOMs – National Outcomes Measures