Short-Term Senior Rehab
Locations in Charleston, Lexington and Tega Cay, SC
Wellmore offers the most aggressive, most competitive short-term rehab services in the area. The focus is on you – your outcomes, your goals and returning you home stronger than you were before. Each Wellmore community is located in close proximity to local hospitals and orthopedic surgeon offices.
We partner with Genesis Rehab Services, a nationally recognized leader in therapy outcomes. The Wellmore therapy team consistently achieves outcomes that are better than the national average. If you are scheduling an elective surgery such as a hip or knee replacement, schedule a tour today to reserve your private suite and begin your pre-surgery planning.
Through our partnership with Genesis Rehab Services, we are able to provide premier physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapy for older adults. Our on-site short-term rehab delivers remarkable outcomes and experiences. We use the Modified Barthel Index (MBI) to measure our residents’ activities of daily living. The MBI is comprised of 10 measures with a maximum achievable score of 100. These measures include hygiene, bathing, feeding, dressing, on-off toilet, bladder control, bowel control, stair climbing, ambulation and chair/bed transfer. The graph below illustrates the effectiveness of Wellmore’s rehab through admission and discharge MBI scores, National comparisons and length of stay.
Pricing for rehab services is highly variable based on your insurance plan and Medicare benefits. Please schedule a tour today to determine what services may or may not be covered with your plan.Schedule an Appointment
Physical therapy restores function for individuals who have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction. Physical therapists are evidence-based health care professionals who offer cost-effective treatment that improves mobility and relieves pain, reduces the need for surgery and prescription drugs, and allows patients to participate in a recovery plan designed for their specific needs. Individualized therapeutic treatment may include:
- Improve Walking – Ability, quality & tolerance
- Improve balance
- Decrease fall risk
- Improve functional mobility & safety
- Pain relief
- Skin integrity/Edema
- Address strength
- Increase aerobic capacity
- Assess for assistive device/prosthetic needs
- Provide respiratory assessment & intervention
- Exercise programs to increase muscle function, coordination, and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization
- Wound Care
- Otago Exercise Programs
- Aquatic Therapy
Occupational therapy assists individuals with adapting to their social and physical environment. Therapists enhance patient functionality through:
- Education and training in areas such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Address visual deficits (Low Vision)
- Environmental modifications
- Task analysis and modifications
- Energy conservation/work simplification
- Train in use of adaptive equipment
- Address incontinence
- Activities for memory, orientation, and cognitive integration
- Cognitive impairments affectional functional ability
- Medication Management
- Exercises to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions to maintain normal joint movement
- Use of MBI – National Outcomes Measures
Speech-language pathologists address communication and swallowing dysfunction. Treatment plans are designed for individual needs, such as:
- Increase communication skills
- Improve reading, writing, listening, speaking and comprehension
- Address deficits in memory
- Improve ability to follow directions
- Improve quality of speech
- Address breath support
- Address swallowing deficits
- Dysphagia Toolkit
- Vital Stim
- Improve executive functions (managing medications, scheduling and time)
- Use of ASHA NOMs – National Outcomes Measures
Three Wellmore Locations
At Wellmore of Daniel Island, seniors come from all over the greater Charleston area for our high-end rehab. Short-term rehab services are offered at our luxurious Charleston retirement community, which also provides assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing units.
At Wellmore of Lexington, our high-end rehab services are offered both as a standalone service and as part of our continuing care retirement community, which includes independent living, assisted living, memory care and nursing care. Seniors come to this community from Lexington, Columbia and the surrounding areas.
At Wellmore of Tega Cay, we offer premier rehab at our luxurious Charlotte-area retirement community. Seniors come to us from all over the greater Charlotte area, including our hometown of Tega Cay, for the exceptional senior rehab outcomes we provide.
No hidden fees; No surprise charges.
At Wellmore, we do not nickel and dime. There are too many communities out there that catch their members off guard by charging fees for individual amenities used or a “points” system. That’s not how we do things at Wellmore. Hassle-free pricing is part of the “Weller Difference” that defines our communities.